Sonntag, 17. Oktober 2010

October 17th - Indian Food

Yesterday, I went canyoning, which was great, incredibly cold and tiresome, but great. Now I have aching muscles and haematoma everywhere again. Started aching much later though. Cannot move my head properly.

In the evening I went to the couchsurfer meeting. Met a guy from Germany - Martin - who works as an electro-technician (for lack of a better word, I don't know whether that's the right term). He might have guitar strings for me - the busker finally got back to me to tell me that I might get the guitar soon. We went to karaoke in the same bar again, but this time too many other people wanted to sing and it was 11pm already, we didn't get to sing at all, because the bar closed at midnight. I didn't get any bus that drove directly back to my new home so I spent most of my time taking one bus after another to get as close to home as possible and then realised that I was stuck on Great Western Road, which was close to my Mum's hostel (btw, my brother stayed at Luca's place, where we had an incredibly good chicken...Luca, you're the best cook). So I decided to pay my mum a visit and stay in the hostel over night. She therefore decided to sleep in the living room while I got her bed (feeling only a little guilty, because she'd already gotten home early and slept most of the time anyway), so noone noticed and we didn't have to pay extra.

Today my family and I went to the Science Centre, which was not that great at all. It looks great from the outside, but it was super expensive and if you went to the Science Mall only, there was hardly anything that you wouldn't get in a good German science museum or exhibition for free. We could have paid for the planetarium or the IMAX dome, but I really had been to both in Germany too and felt like if the mall had been a disappointment, the rest couldn't be much better.

The main theme was Wallace and Gromit - it was largely for children. I learned something about copyrights that might come in handy for my homepage in Arts and Media Informatics and Multimedia Analysis and Design. Also, after that we went to the Exhibition and Conference Hall, which was really not impressive from the inside, but I found a flyer of something I might go to, that includes Gordon Ramsey and is mainly about cooking...

When we came back to my new place we were invited to dinner by my new flatmate Bhaskar from Dehli, India. He treated the entire family to some very expensive, really delicious food in a super fancy restaurant...and I thought 'so that's what it's like when you have money'... I felt super lucky. He even called a taxi for us. Great evening.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen