Sonntag, 24. Oktober 2010

October 24th - Housewarming Party

Today I went to Byres Road with Krys, spent some time and voucher+money in Little Italy and had our pizza in the Botanic Gardens. I introduced her to Peppa Pig and the Mumins and we spent an awful lot of time discovering the wonders of Waitrose (not that I bought anything there...not this time).

Went to a cookery class on 'Just Deserts' on Wednesday, I think it was... have I told you? The most amazing deserts ever. The lightest scones (blueberry, raisins) with butter and jam I've ever tasted, an almond, pear and apple tarte, chocolate dip with chili and pepper ...

I am now taking contemporary dance classes, as I told you. But I am now also taking master classes in the same dancing school. Those are longer (2h) and more demanding, you learn things from the start, but when you're not used to picking dance moves up quickly, it's going to be hard. Nonetheless, I enjoyed contemporary master class...a cheerful, bubbly woman from the famous dancing company smallpetitklein taught us a coreography they had recently performed on the Fringe Festival... it was about war...super demanding...a lot of screams in the music... great! I got nauseaous after a while though, because it was all so fast, got a little concussion from my head hitting the floor rather hard, then I hadn't had a propper breakfast (coming from Jessica's where I'd spent the night and just had a coffee) nor lunch and just couldn't go on. Don't think I remember much of the coreography, it was really so much in such little time and so fast... I'm hoping to be able to grasp and learn faster with time and practice. As a child I used to be able to pick up dancing moves and such like so much quicker *sigh*.

Nonetheless, still gut bruises and bumps everywhere from the canyoning. Had my first full-body and facial massage the day before yesterday, which I got with a voucher...awesome...really good. It was all female staff there...I found that men can do massages better...nontheless, it was really relaxing and I was sad when it was over. Nice relaxing music in the background. you could just close your eyes and imagine you were on an island in the caribbean or something. That was so necessary after all that's been going on.

I have now different options, but none of them involves staying here as a student for one more semester. Dammit!...will list them all later.

And yesterday I also had my housewarming party, which was a huge success and there was yummy food...all cooked by me, of course :-P
This is Sébastien with my wig. I laughed so hard, it was hilarious!




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen