Hi guys,
sorry I missed writing an article yesterday, was very tired so there was no use doing that.
New Vocabs of the day:
-swab
I've just been out to see the other apartment. Starting to cough and my nose is blocked up, feels like a little illness might be announcing itself. I hope not, but it'd be all the more reason to move out of this place, as I've asked Eunice yesterday to turn the heating on and she simply didn't do it (I'd like to think she simply forgot about it, because any other explanation would be worse...I think she had a man over last night, but she could have done that in a split second, immediately after I asked her to...I really don't get it) and I don't like the idea that she's the one in charge of that, because she's proven unreliable before. I also realised that my flatmates let the swab stand in the hallway in a bucket of water, the wooden handle has already soaked up all the water from the bucket and, well, there's chewing gum on one of the window frames, plus a tiny spider (which I generally don't mind, as it's taken care of my fly problem, but it's spun its net in a fairly dusty corner), plus all the cardboard boxes sand other things standing around in this place, plus mold in the bathroom which they've only removed after I asked them to, which suggests to me that my flatmates are not really 'experts' on the hygienic part. I had a much better feeling about Damisha and given what she's told me about the other, Nigerian, flatmate, they're both very clean people. That's good. The kitchen and bathroom looked very clean and tidy. So here's my Pro and Con List on that matter:
Pros:
-clean flat mates and apartment
-clean and well-equipped kitchen, clean oven
-very nice, educated and sociable flatmates with whom I can identify more and who speak a good English I might learn from
-double-glased windows
-warm water in the bathroom
-double bed
-warm bedroom on my own with door you can shut properly
-literally no more than 3 minutes away from City Centre by bus
-very good swimming pool and Glasgow Green within reach
-rent still cheaper than initial rent for Onslow Drive
-flat mates go jogging
-flat mates seem very reliable
-landline included in bills
-huge wardrobe
-I might have a desk
-no one has ever broken into the apartment
-might have a printer
-no drinkers, smokers ...Damisha is a Pakistani Muslim
-there is a deposit (meaning I wouldn't be tempted to take the money and use it otherwise, but it'll be set on the side) plus a signed paper
Cons:
-desk not included in the rent, I'd have to pay for it
-the surrounding area does not look very inviting
-the room is realy small compared to the one I have at the moment
-the hallway is very small
-there is no public living room (but we don't have any here either, just that I have the living room and I could accomodate more people here, like the couchsurfers that are coming soon)
-no room to accomodate other people
-smaller bathroom with 'only' a shower (but one that apparently works well, plus I won't use the bathtub here anyway, as there's only cold water and you feel a little squeezed in the shower, due to the bathtub...plus, I'm used to having only a shower. For this short amount of time it should suffice.
-distance to Glasgow Uni seems pretty much the same
-it's effort to move out
-I'd have to contact the BaföG-Amt and my University to tell them I've moved to a different place (there's still plenty of time to do that, however)
-I wouldn't have a guitar to practice anymore
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen